Broadband

Daiol 15:40 19 Jan 10

Hi,Just had a call from BT regarding internet broadband,seems to be giving a good deal for £12.99 a month on a 12 months contract with a home hub wireless setup etc..At the moment i'm using orange at £19.99 a month,I dont have a hub with them i have a belkin router that i bought my self for 7.5 mb. BT are giving same speed,Wondering what people think about changing to BT are there any faults that i should be looking for,Also i would need the mac code from orange for BT to transfer things over is there any major problems down that avenue?.
Any advice please.
daiol.

GaT7 16:22 19 Jan 10

If your minimum contract with Orange BB is complete, then you can get a MAC code without any penalty. Otherwise you will most likely have to pay a fee to leave. Make sure to read their T&Cs click here. Minimum term & cancellation terms are from '17. term and termination' onwards.

If your minimum contract period is complete, you'll have to pay for another 30-day period after receiving & using your MAC.

--------------------------------------------

If you decide to join BT's BB, get cashback for it: click here OR click here, making the deal even better.

You need to be registered, logged-in & use the onward links provided at any ONE site to be eligible (make sure to use only ONE site). If you use any cookie-blocking software you'll want to disable it before clicking on their BT offer links.

--------------------------------------------

Also consider O2 BB click here if you can get it. Packages at click here, which at £12.50 for a 8 meg connection. The first 2 months are free atm.

First, do a search at SamKnows click here to see if you can get it.

If yes, do as above by going via a cashback site: click here / click here, reducing the cost even further.

If you own an O2 mobile (contract/PAYG) you can get a further £5 off your bill each month. A PAYG O2 phone will require a minimum of £10 top-up every quarter to maintain the £20 (over a quarter) discount - so that's £10 off per quarter even if you don't make use of the top-up! They even send a reminder email & text if your £10 top-up for a particular quarter is lapsing. G

Batch 18:46 19 Jan 10

Yesterday I saw somewhere (might even have been on this site) a TalkTalk offer of 8Mb broadband free for 1st 12 months and then £6.99 for 12 months (min. 24 month contract), plus connection fee (£29.99 I think) and includes wireless modem router.

Batch 19:03 19 Jan 10

TalkTalk offer as above - see here: click here

You have to transfer your telephone service to them and pay line rental to them (instead of your current provider). They claim to be able to keep your existing number.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5