Broadband

marbles 20:33 15 Jan 09

Hi i have bt 2mb broadband and its extremley slow of late, but if i run task manager and end the process eplorer.exe it goes back to normal speed, trouble is everything else dissapears. i.e task bar, start etc so unable to run any programs, although i can still browse the internet no problem. Any one any idea how to solve.

win xp pro
amd x4200

Technotiger 20:51 15 Jan 09

Assuming you are using a BT HomeHub, what Version do you have - 1.0, 1.5 or 2.0?

marbles 21:05 15 Jan 09

Hi Technotiger, im using BT Home Hub 2.0. My daughter and wife run a two laptops of it with no problem, and there conection is faster than mine.

DieSse 21:21 15 Jan 09

If you close explorer - yes - it controls the desktop and much else besides - it's why all the things you mention disappear!

At why your system is running slowly, there could be many reasons.

Run Disk Cleanup

Do a thorough check for viruses and other malware

Is your Windows fully updated?

Which browser are you running?

Which AV are you using?

What are the main specs of your system?

marbles 21:33 15 Jan 09

Wow sounds like i got problems.

running firefox browers
checked for virus nothing there
no malware
use ca antivirus
updated windows last month so should be up to date
not run disk clean up so will try that.

SPEC
WIN XP
AMD X4200
120GB HARD DRIVE
1GB RAM
ATI 2600 HD PRO
550 WATT PSU

Technotiger 21:56 15 Jan 09

Hi, I have been away - have you tried restarting the HomeHub, by pressing the bottom button on the right-hand side?

DieSse 22:26 15 Jan 09

You might like to try an alternative browser too - add-ons in FF can be responsible for issues.

Chrome is worth a go.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…