Broadband

beanyboy 16:50 22 Jan 07

Hi Guys

I dont even know if Im in the right hole so to speak.

I need to change my Broadband ISP and would like to know if anyone can recommend me an ISP with the following:-

One Month Contract/ 6Mb/ at 14.99 per month or not more than 17.99

any suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers

JaßîsFaß ˜ 16:55 22 Jan 07

click here

I cannot comment on their service though.

JaßîsFaß ˜ 17:00 22 Jan 07

click here

Some here without 12 month contract

beanyboy 20:17 22 Jan 07

Thanks JaBisFaB

I appreciate your response and I'll look'em up.

Cheers

Dipso 21:21 22 Jan 07

IDNet up to 8 Meg for £17.99 currently, 1 month contract. click here

beanyboy 11:58 23 Jan 07

Thanks Dipso .It looks good. I'm a thicko however on matters Computer wise and would ask you what the following means ( ie off of their site)

Wots difference btween Upload Kbps and Download Mbps?

Wot does Inclusive Bandwidth mean and what am I NOT getting with only haveng an Inclusive Bandwidth of 2 as opposed to one of 30?

These are all offered at different prices and whilst I only really want to pay 17.99 I am intrigued to find out " what I would be missing".

Thanks again . I appreciate your info very much,

B/BOY

Dipso 14:04 23 Jan 07

Hi beanyboy,

The upload speed is the speed at which you can upload files, say if you had a web site, or the speed at which you can send emails. The up to 448 is pretty much standard for Home Max broadband connections as opposed to 256Kbps upload from a fixed 1 or 2 Meg connection.

Download up to 8Mbps is therefore the speed at which you download files, browse the web. You say you want a 6 Meg connection, if you are already on ADSL Max you'd likely get the same connection speed.

Inclusive bandwidth is your usage allowance included in the package i.e. the amount of data you are allowed to download when browsing or downloading files or music. This allowance does not take into account uploads with IDNet (see above) so you can send as many emails as you like ;)

Whether you would need 2 or 30 Gig included is down to what you use your connection for. If you download loads of music then the 2 Gig allowance probably isn't the best for you. I do a lot of browsing and some, but not a great deal of downloading, so I find the 2 Gig allowance plus the option of buying more bandwidth at a cost of £1 per Gig over my allowance is fine for me.

One other thing, support is very good, someone from the UK usually answers the phone within a few rings and on a regional number not 0870 or such like.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…