Broadband

colinstevens1@supanet.com 21:37 13 Oct 05

I am considering upgrading from Dial-Up to Broadband.I have WinXP Home.I am with Supanet as my ISP.I understand that I require a new modem but does this need installing in the Tower case?Do I keep my e-mail address,logon name and password?Is Tiscali a good Broadband ISP as they are cheaper than Supanet?Do I install Broadband from a software program?As you can probably gather I am rather in the dark about the conversion.Any advise would be most welcome.

ventanas 21:42 13 Oct 05

No matter who you go with (I am with Wanadoo) you will get an external modem (USB) an installation cd and instructions. Wanadoo are only £14.99 for 6 months (2mb) at the moment. If you change ISP you will have a different email address.

PC Bilbo 22:36 13 Oct 05

In addition to ventanas's comments,if you download a lot, take note of download limits imposed by different ISP's.Some are unlimited and others place various restrictions.

Also if you upload a lot look at that as well. I'm with NTL who have upgraded me from 600KB t6o 2MB for same price over 2 years but their upload is still a measly 128KB/s.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…