Broadband

Les 00:45 23 Jun 05

I'm having trouble my Broadband connection - upon switch on all is Ok and the browser comes up fast. After a while and after doing other jobs with the browser closed contacting the internet appears to be so slow as to get timed out problems - as if my connection has been switched off! Doing a restart restores the Broadband to it's usual fast speed - what's going on?

maveric 08:05 23 Jun 05

have you used any anti-adware etc, it could be lots of nasties using your connection?

Les 17:04 23 Jun 05

Frequently, but I'll do it again, just in case. A for instance, in calling up this forum, I had a page from William Hill, now, where the heck did that come from!

Thanks for the reply.

maveric 07:57 27 Jun 05

sounds if you have adware. have you done a hijackthis log. If not suggest you do and post the log for someone with the knolwage or try here click here

Les 11:07 27 Jun 05

I run Microsoft Anti Spy and AdAware, Spybot (talk about Belt and Braces!)every few days. Between them they get rid of these pests.

On this occasion this particular one must have been a fresh intrusion - hopefully not to be repeated,

Unfortunately, I don't think it's possible to prevent all of them creeping through - those that do are dealt with by one or other of the above. It shouldn't be necessary but it's a fact that we have to live with.:-( On the other hand credit where credit is due - my provider (BTYahoo) do an excellent job in diverting the !!**!! (censored! - by myself!) )spam into a bulk folder - somewhere around 3 in 2000 actually reaching the inbox as far as I am concerned. A lot of that spam I think, is as a result of using so called 'free' program downloads - your email address being sold on to the concerns sending the spam.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…