Broadband on 2 computers

aboutit 18:08 31 Aug 03

I have a computer in one room and a laptop in the other. I obviously only use one at a time. I have BT Broadband with Voyager modem on my main computer. But I also have a sagem modem spare which someone gave me would I be able to instal BT Broadband on my laptop with this modem to use that when I need internet connection or would there be some conflict with my Broadband connection?

steven_frost 18:34 31 Aug 03

If it's a dial up modem then they will be no conflict but if its a broadband modem then their could be

aboutit 18:52 31 Aug 03

Yes it`s a bvroadband modem so I presume there could be a problem

steven_frost 18:58 31 Aug 03

most likly you really can only have one broadband modem installed at one time if you uninstall the bt modem and install this new modem then no problems i've used different BB modems but i found out that two modems could never be installed on the same system

smiddy 20:58 31 Aug 03

doubt you will get much joy out of two bb modems although it can be done. Easiest option is a couple of network cards and a router, all very cheap nowadays.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…