broadband

jammin 13:27 28 Nov 04

I'm very soon going to be ordering broadband, which one should I go for and I may need to have it on two pcs, whats the best way to do it?

JaßîsFaß ˜ 13:31 28 Nov 04

What do you intend using the broadband for, downloading much?

What PC's do you have, desktops, laptops?

Do you want any PC's to connect wirelessly?

Do you use an ISP now that you can upgrade to Broadband? Check offers -

JaßîsFaß ˜ 13:32 28 Nov 04

Sorry check here - click here

jammin 14:06 28 Nov 04

Jassisfass
general surfin, sons homework, some music, maybe some movies, downloads
wireless or not? I really don't know - I just want a couple of pcs to access broadband

jammin 14:06 28 Nov 04

Jassisfass
general surfin, sons homework, some music, maybe some movies, downloads
wireless or not? I really don't know - I just want a couple of pcs to access broadband

JaßîsFaß ˜ 14:13 28 Nov 04

To share broadband I would suggest you get a router, I use a wireless Netgear router (with an inbuilt modem) to connect 2 PC's. There are other routers available by DLink, Buffalo, Linksys, Belkin, up to you really, but the choice you need to make is do you want to connect them wirelessly to save having leads to each PC in different rooms, or will a wired router do the job satifactorily. The Broadband provider is normally a matter of choice and cost. I'm with AOL Platinum but have friends on NTL, Wanadoo, Tiscali and they have no complaints.

jammin 14:18 28 Nov 04

thanks Jassisfass

JaßîsFaß ˜ 22:06 10 Dec 04

Still on order or are you up and running?

Which BB did you go for?

ade.h 00:32 11 Dec 04

click here for some interesting customer satisfaction charts and product comparisons. I found it to be a very helpful map through the minefield, so to speak.

JaßîsFaß ˜ 22:58 25 Dec 04

Please tick if resolved

JaßîsFaß ˜ 00:33 04 Jan 05

^

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Xiaomi Mi5s review: The Xiaomi flagship that could replace your Samsung, LG, HTC or Apple phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Mental Canvas is a brand new drawing app that's quite unlike any other

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's super-expensive new…