Broadband

coolteentom 19:04 21 Mar 04

Hi,

I am thinking of getting a cheap broadband connection. Can n e 1 recommend a server??

I am hoping to get it for under £20 / month.

Also, am I right in thinking that when you have it, you can use to lines (one for the internet, and one for phone) without paying extra line rental?? (as this is the main reason I want to get it.)

Thanks, tom

TommyRed 19:16 21 Mar 04

There is an abundance of ISP's offering good deals on broadband, I use PlusNet. You can get an easystart package where you don't have to pay for your modem or activation at £24.99 per month or for the same 512kbps service with a £59.99 payment but no activation charge at the moment costs £18.99 per month click here You can check out and compare the various ISP's here click here HTH TR

Smiler 19:17 21 Mar 04

Tom, yes, you can use broadband and the phone at the same time. They're both on the same line, so you don't get two lines as such.

coolteentom 17:59 22 Mar 04

Thx for your help.

I've found DSL Net (£15.99) at click here . Do you think this will stay this price, once I've got it, or will it start going up in price?

Thanks

tom

georgemac 18:09 22 Mar 04

it's only 3 x faster and should stay at that price, although it may not be available in all areas - I don't know, although they offer faster speeds for £20

click here tiscali do a similar service I do know that this is only available in certain areas. They also offer 5 x faster for £19.99 per month in all areas that can get BB.

click here have a pay as you go service available which costs from £11.75 to a maximum of £28 a month depending on how much data is uploaded/downloaded, 200 mb allowance for the minimum cost then just under £3 for every gigabyte - downsides no email service - you have to continue with a pop3 account or pay extra for this and a £69 activation fee - the speed is 10 x faster and gets good reviews from users.

DEGSY 18:58 22 Mar 04

Try gio internet--up to ten times faster than standard dial-up-HOME BROADBAND [email protected] A MONTH.I have used them for over a year and have had good connection speeds-using broadband sped test.

DEGSY 18:59 22 Mar 04

Try gio internet--up to ten times faster than standard dial-up-HOME BROADBAND [email protected] A MONTH.I have used them for over a year and have had good connection speeds-using broadband speed test.

DEGSY 18:59 22 Mar 04

Try gio internet--up to ten times faster than standard dial-up-HOME BROADBAND [email protected] A MONTH.I have used them for over a year and have had good connection speeds-using broadband speed test.

coolteentom 21:36 22 Mar 04

Thanks for all your help - I have a good range of services to look at now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…