Broadband

dweeb 13:10 08 Nov 03

I have two computers, one xp one 98 and want to install Broadband. Is it possible to use a USB modem, NOT the router, and just switch connections when necessary? All the isps are tellin me I need a router for both computers and the phone to be constantly connected, but all I
want is access via broadband for faster speeds and phone access and am looking for a solution to this set-up and a knowledge of what equipment I need if it's possible.

Anyone out there who can help, I'd be very appreciative,

Dweeb

? ???K??M? 13:30 08 Nov 03

I think you will need a router to have both pcs connected at the same time,but if you only want 1 pc online at a time you wont but you will need 2 modems set up on both machines,but im quite knew to BB myself so some1 else may answer better.

Regards.

graham√ 13:33 08 Nov 03

Set up the modem on both computers and simply plug it into the one you want to use.

dweeb 13:39 08 Nov 03

Thank you both,, you have helped me in knowing that at least it's possible lol, so I shall go ahead with signing up. Wish me luck please, I'm a dummo.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…