Broadband

larry48 06:40 23 Sep 03

Recently upgraded to Freeserve broadband from Freeserve Anytime, because websites were extermely slow to load and moving around was also slow. But Broadband hasn't improved matters . My connection is fine;576kbps,(as was my dial-up @ 46kbps approx) I've deleted my temp files/cookies @ history abd I'm running XP Home and IE6. Any suggestions?

-pops- 07:07 23 Sep 03

The 576 figure you give is not representative of the true speed. My speed given by clicking on the icon in the sys tray always reads that and I know it is not real. Do a genuine speed test - have a look click here and find their speed test.

Pesala 07:16 23 Sep 03

I also use broadband, but I don't use Internet Explorer because it is too slow for the way that I work, browsing multiple websites simultaneously and reading threads on forums. click here

GANDALF <|:-)> 07:19 23 Sep 03

When downloading you will achieve speds of around 39 to 70kbs. The figure of 512 or 576 is only the non-contention figure. It all depends on how many users are connected to your BB node. BB doea not really speed up surfing, only file transfer or watching or listening to media. I would try to reload IE6...select 'custom and tick all the options EXCEPT languages and media player. You may like to look at 'Fix For Disappearing Web Sites in Win9x'...click here. Fail;ing all that it will be time to get BT to have a butchers at your line.

G

vaughan007 14:13 23 Sep 03

Not sure about some of these comments. When I first had BB about 18 months ago my surfing speeded up dramatically.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…