Broadband.

hi,
I tried to upgrade to broadband but BT says
i live to far from the exchange to get it,
even though the exchange has been upgraded.
does this mean people like me who live to far away from the exchange will never get broadband?

Djohn 00:50 31 Jul 03

For the immediate future Yes, unfortunately. Do you have access to cable?

no, no cable. looks like i.v just got to wait and see what happens.

Djohn 01:14 31 Jul 03

I'm not too sure on this but think the distance limit from exchange is due to the old copper cable that is still in use. As new fibre optic replaces this over the coming years thing should improve.

Also the major electric companies are trialling B/B through their power-lines, this means you will be able to plug into any power socket in your home and connect to B/B. So I realise this does not help you at the moment, don't be too disheartened, thing should improve rapidly over the next year or so. Regards. j.

thanks anyway Djohn.

Djohn 01:24 31 Jul 03

Your welcome.

Jean-Luc Picard 01:43 31 Jul 03

I am not 100% sure but if enough people in a certain area get together who are wishing to upgrade to ADSL I believe BT have agreed to upgrade the exchange in that area. I think the number of required subscribers is in the 200-300 range. It may well be worth starting a campaign in your area to gather together like minded folk via the local press.

Best of luck.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…