broadand wireless problem

nixey33 20:44 21 Sep 07

i have recentley installed aol wireless broadband on my pc. I have a dell laptop inspirion 1501 and i have set this up to the wireless router.everything works fine i can log in no problem then after about 3 hours or so i lose the connection cant log in on laptop tryed reinstalling software nothing happens.leave till next day and can log on again after 3 hours same thing happens.pc is running okay and always on line any ideas please. r nixey

Technotiger 20:53 21 Sep 07

The symptoms suggest possible over-heating? Does the laptop work ok for long periods when not on-line?

Technotiger 20:59 21 Sep 07

Have you tried resetting the router when the connection drops, rather than waiting to next day?

nixey33 21:01 21 Sep 07

laptop has been working fine when on for many hours.I was connected by netgear router before and was online as long as i wanted. since change to aol router problem only occurred.

nixey33 21:04 21 Sep 07

yes i have tryed resetting router.uninstalled and reinstalled.laptop just cant find connection then next day fine.

Technotiger 21:04 21 Sep 07

Next time it happens, try resetting the router.

Technotiger 21:05 21 Sep 07

Hmm, we were both typing at same time :-)

Technotiger 21:06 21 Sep 07

Can you not change back to the netgear router?

nixey33 21:09 21 Sep 07

no took that back and got money back aol router was free.

Technotiger 21:13 21 Sep 07

Pity, cos it looks like you might have a dodgy router - perhaps you could explain to AOL and get a replacement.

nixey33 21:15 21 Sep 07

okay thanks for youre help will contact aol

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017