Broad Band Usage per month?

Boy Zone 17:49 14 Nov 05

Hi,

I'm currently with BT Yahoo for BB. I pay £27 per month, with unlimited usage per month. I'm considering using another of their otions, i.e. £17 per mth, with 2 GB allance per mth.
Question:- How does one know what ones usage is, and how to monitor this each month?
Please don't suggest another ISP provider.

octal 17:53 14 Nov 05

Here are a couple of applications you can use to monitor it

click here

click here

They are not 100% accurate because they monitor background traffic as well, all the monitors do that unfortunately.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:56 14 Nov 05

Netmeter click here
Will show you what your using and can also predict how much you can use per day for the rest of the month.

If your not a gamer and don't download lots of video files then 2G per month is ample for general surfing updateing and email use.

Diversion 17:58 14 Nov 05

Try hereclick here

Stuartli 17:59 14 Nov 05

You can get 2M unlimited for £17.99 a month from a number of ISPs and even less if you are prepare to do a little research.

Try Tautology Meter - I find it excellent for keeping a daily and monthly recording of incoming and outgoing traffic.

click here

Diversion 18:07 14 Nov 05

BT cut me off for using it too much, their usage was 150 hours per month and I use the net 24/7 so I used my months limit in just over week. I download between 1.5 to 3GB in a single day sometimes.

chub_tor 18:29 14 Nov 05

I'm with f2s (freedom to surf) at £14.99 incl VAT for 2Gb per month, it has a button to check on daily and historical useage. I rarely exceed 1Gb but I know that if I go over 2Gb I can buy a further 1Gb for £1.50. Never had a drop out or cause to call the service centre in 18 months.

ACOLYTE 18:58 14 Nov 05

I have BT BB 2.2 meg that gives 40 gig a month,with the option to buy more if needed,if you are getting close to the limit they send you an email with the amount used,i have never gone over 40 gig and i download a lot of things and play online games.I also use Tautolagy bandwith meter and found it very good.But i do know if i went to 2gig a month now i would use it in a week.

Stuartli 19:50 14 Nov 05

Freedom2Surf is now part of Pipex.

BigMoFoT 20:43 14 Nov 05

you all need to monitor so closely what you download for fear of being charged for extra bandwidth\GB usage then an uncapped solution is the way to go? Migration is easy and usually free with no downtime - can't see hte point in all this fussing to be honest as there are plenty of affordable uncapped solutions available. :-)

Stuartli 23:58 14 Nov 05

You seem to have forgotten that most ISPs have a minimum 12 month contract period.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now