broad band router

  trainman 2 15:55 29 Apr 04

Hi, I have a fixed blueyonder broadband cable modem; I would like to use my computer in another room. Can I purchase a wireless router to send a signal to the other room to continue using the internet? If so what do I need to buy, and will it work successfully?
Thanking you Trainman 2

  bremner 17:38 29 Apr 04

A wireless router connected to the cable modem by ethernet cable.

Then each computer will need a wireless network card. unless a Computer is alongside side the router then a hard wired connection with a normal Lan card would be better for that particular machine.

Devices from Belkin, Link Sys, Netgear and D Link are popular and are all much of a muchness.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…