British Telecom Bill Part Three

AlanRLong50 10:23 22 Jan 05

Thank you again for the kindness and courtesy you have all extended to me with all of your replies.I have taken them on board and will send them off to my cousin. One final question though concerning her computer. If a computer hacker has taken details of her telephone account and abused them via a computer link,does the computer itself leave any trace of who it was that infiltrated the computer itself on the hard-drive? If so,would a computer expert be able to locate who it was that has done the hacking so that he/she could be found and held accountable for her bill? Please be as non-technical in your reply as you can! I again thank you so very much for your kind help.

spuds 11:11 22 Jan 05

It would not come cheap to trace an hacker.In most cases if not all, the hacker covers their tracks fairly well, it is only when they make very silly mistakes that tracing them gets easy.

961 11:22 22 Jan 05

If you look at Spybot search and destroy or Spywareblaster you will find their database runs to hundreds of rogue diallers. On that basis it is not particularly hard to find out which one has lodged on your computer

But what then?

Rest assured, if it was that easy then everyone who has had this sort of trouble, plus BT and the regulator would have been down that track

BT and the regulator are, slowly, beginning to get a handle on this and it is sad that they have taken so long about it. It should have been sorted yonks ago.In the meanwhile throwing good money after bad will bring you only more frustration

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…