British Summer Time

Bun 16:48 06 Jan 05

Happy New Year to you all!!
I am using windows me is there a way to turn off the auto part of the time to stop it changing when british summer time arrives.
Ta
Bun

ACOLYTE 16:54 06 Jan 05

Right click the clock in task bar select adjust date/time goto Timezone tab and untick daylight savings time.

Stuartli 17:17 06 Jan 05

Just out of curiosity - why?

Do you live outside the UK?

Bun 18:05 06 Jan 05

Cheers done it couldn't find it before.
Thanks again
Bun

Bun 18:09 06 Jan 05

Everytime it changes for british summertime all my desktop icons are all shoved to one side. This means I have to put them back into the order I had before which is a pain in the a***. When you get old like me you change gets confusing and you need all the help you can get!! Hope that answers your question.
Bun

colberly 18:14 06 Jan 05

Everytime it changes for british summertime all my desktop icons are all shoved to one side.

Bun, I don't understand how that is happening, I have ME and when the clock on my PC automatically changes my Icons stay put.

justme 20:05 06 Jan 05

Surely your clock is changing every second. Why should windows changing it for summer time affect your desktop icons and what happens whenever you change the time?

anchor 09:59 07 Jan 05

I have never had any moving icons when the clock changed, with either Win98, WinME or WinXP.

Sapins 10:29 07 Jan 05

It's down to PCA, they are changing the clock a bit at a time until BST is no more, when the time to change the clocks arrives all icons on desktops will automatically change to the PCA logo. There will be a new forum soon to help with problems. LOL

Stuartli 14:53 07 Jan 05

When the clocks go forward or back the only thing that happens - apart from the OS time correction - is that Windows posts a panel asking if I wish to retain/conform the changes?

All you do then is OK the panel; the Desktop is completely unaffected and has been over many years of using Windows in various flavours.

Stuartli 14:56 07 Jan 05

Have you right clicked on the Desktop and from the menu chosen the Arrange Icons By mode you require?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…