Brilliant idea for a website...but

Paul-has-more-of-a-clue...:@) 20:13 10 Jul 06

AGHHHH,
You know the bloke who came up with the million dollar pixel site. Well I think I have had a urika idea for a website, but don't know whether it would work.

where is a good place to discuss whether the idea has merits, without giving away the next million pound site?

ade.h 20:32 10 Jul 06

Keep it to yourself and try it. The proof of the pudding, they say, is in the eating.

Or, just tell me and I'll try it for you....

sean-278262 20:39 10 Jul 06

I wouldnt advise it. As someone who spends his days coming up with these sorts of things I find it best to tell no one. Just get a piece of paper and work things out. E business is not like any other and some things work out (bebo for example) and others just die off. There is no guarantee.

skidzy 20:40 10 Jul 06

Dont forget me Ade,i was always told to share things... :-)

I just am unsure whether a website could be configured to do it?

Who can discuss the idea, and share the profits....cos I have managed a WYSIWYG website, but this idea is way out of my technical knowledge

SG Atlantis® 21:24 10 Jul 06

you're just teasing us, come on what is it. I'm too lazy to try and copy you...

Don't think bloke who thaught of milliondollarpixel site posted his idea first, but I think that really was a brilliant use of a very simple website.

My proposal would need a more complicated set up than that....

sean-278262 21:29 10 Jul 06

Paul just get the yellow pages out and phone a web designer up, dont give the entire game away and ask if they can do the various parts that will be required get a quote and such forth if it can be done do it. Alternatively you can always look into copyrighting it.

click here

Simple way to keep it yours.

Also consider trying to get in contact with some of the many web designers looking to make it. I have had two work under me for nothing but the experience and fact that if the site becomes big they made it and thats a hell of a CV boost.

A

And no disrispect is meant by that, but I don't know my pixels from my pff

Stuartli 18:00 11 Jul 06

You'll have to go some to beat this one:

click here

Karl's been featured on BBC New 24 this afternoon.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How Nearly Normal created super-fun papercraft for Google

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos