Brief Screen Black Out

Viv-208691 15:15 20 Dec 04

Hi there, I have a year old XP home PC with a 17 inch TFT Iiyama monitor. Every so often (roughly once every 20 mins) the screen briefly blacks (for about a second) before showing the correct display again.

Can anyone suggest a possible reason for this - it would be much appreciated.

Kind regards, FT.

curlylad 15:32 20 Dec 04

First check your refresh rate , to do this start , control panel , appearance and themes , display , settings tab , advanced button , monitor tab , and try a different frequency. If you are at the highest available try next one down and so on.If this isn't helping go back to the monitor tab and under device status make sure it says "This device is working properly" click the Troubleshoot button and follow the suggestions there to see if you can locate the cause.Try this then get back if you still are having problems.

Viv-208691 17:26 20 Dec 04

Ok, Ive just changed the frequency down to 72, I will let you know how it goes, thanks a lot.

Viv-208691 18:45 20 Dec 04

Ok, it hasnt 'blacked out' as of yet, but whenever the screen saver goes off or i turn on the pc the monitor does 'auto config' which adjusts the screen to full size. I dont want this to happen every time i turn on my pc or the screen saver goes off. Any other suggestions? Should i try other frequencies or will they have same result??

Thanks

Viv-208691 14:06 22 Dec 04

???

curlylad 14:47 22 Dec 04

Not sure what refresh rate suits your particular TFT screen , if you have the owners manual for it check in there it should tell you the optimum setting.I am using a TFT screen at the moment and my refresh rate is 60 Hertz and there is no problem at all !

When you have changed the refresh rate make sure you click apply and then OK at the bottom of the screen.

Viv-208691 14:50 22 Dec 04

Ok, will try other refresh rates, cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…