Bridge Adware help with removal please..thanks

bof:) 15:36 07 Mar 04

Hi all,

I've been running the trial version of 'Pest Patrol' and its found adware called Bridge but this has not been detected by Adaware6 or Spybot S&D and Spyware Blaster.

Could some suggest a program to get rid of it.

I wondered why this had not been picked up by any of the 3 programs I use? I am aware that different programes pick up on different spywares, thats why I do as suggested on this site and run more than 1 of them.

Using Google I've come across this site that gives instructions for removal, has anyone any experience of using it.

click here

Thankyou,

Mike

Diodorus Siculus 15:42 07 Mar 04

Give Bazooka a go; otherwise the suggestions for manual removal seem straightforward if you are used to the registry.

bof:) 16:01 07 Mar 04

Hi Diodorus Siculus,

Many thanks for your fast response. I'll backup my registery and give Bazooka a try as you suggest.

I'll sit and check registery after bazooka has done the job.

Mike

obbit 16:15 07 Mar 04

i had this problem. it appears that pest patrol does this. you will find as i did that it is a part of shockwave and nothing to worry about.

i had it and on the next update of PP it disappeared.

is it a dll that it is finding?

i think you can ignore it.

bof:) 16:53 07 Mar 04

Thanks obbit,

I've installed bazooka and on its first scan it found 'MS Media Player GUID (Global Universal Identifier).

I checked out my Media player and where Bazooka said untick, the box was ulready unticked.

Bazooka then said download all Windows critical updates. Windows says I have these. So I followed the instructions to dlete by hand from the registery after backing up first.

The line Bazooka gave was as follows:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Settings\ Client ID

Having deleted this I rescanned with Bazooka but it did not find the 'Bridge adware' that I was originally looking for, that was reported by Pest Control's trial version.

So it seems I am no futher forward in getting rid of this adware.

If anyone else has any thoughts on this I would be most grateful,

Mike

bof:) 16:55 07 Mar 04

ps when following Bazzoka's instructions to remove Bridge adware by hand, none of the items mentioned were found so, where is Pest Control finding this from?

JIM 18:10 07 Mar 04

in your system restore backup? (Thats if your using Winxp)

JIM 18:10 07 Mar 04

in your system restore backup? (Thats if your using Winxp)

bof:) 18:10 07 Mar 04

Hi All,

having looked at this posting on PCA

click here

I decided to give it a try and this is what it found:

Alexa tool bar
Backweb
Lopdotcom

The System monitor discovered WinWhatWhere

3 cookies were found

Atwola
Com.com
passport cookie

The adware found was Winpup but, Bridge the original spyware I set out to get rid of was not found so who is telling the truth??

Mike

bof:) 18:11 07 Mar 04

bump

JIM 18:54 07 Mar 04

Winpup.

click here

sos about double/posting,looking at the "time" it appears you are to blame :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…