bridge adware found by pest patrol

obbit 14:14 22 Jan 04

i've just done a scan with pest patrol and it found:-

bridge. it classed it as adware. there is a manuall removal method on pest patrol web site but don't fancy going through it cos it's a bit daunting.

i can't pay pest patrol to remove it. can i remove it another way or with another free program. ad-aware and spybot do not find it. i have spywareblaster but that hasn't stopped it installing.

any help welcome

johnnyrocker 14:18 22 Jan 04

you can delete it in the ordinary tools settings of pest patrol.

obbit 14:41 22 Jan 04

not possible. only have the evaluation version of pest patrol, it doesn't allow removal or quarantine of pests.

rawprawn 15:05 22 Jan 04

Won't Spybot or Ad-aware remove it ?

MichelleC 15:08 22 Jan 04

Have you done today's adaware update? I found 13 nasties after update (usually there's 1 or 2).

johnnyrocker 15:26 22 Jan 04

sorry to digress, is that a new one today michelle or the one from the other day?

MichelleC 16:08 22 Jan 04

johnnyrocker, today Ref file: 01R249 22.01.2004

johnnyrocker 16:12 22 Jan 04

cheers will get it wen i get home.

obbit 16:41 22 Jan 04

ad-aware and spybot will not remove it.

rawprawn 16:49 22 Jan 04

Try this o get rid of it completely if you know the exact name of the file but be careful. Open search type the correct name of the file & delete anything that comes up, then go to Start/run/type regedit. Make sure My computer is highlighted click on edit click Find type in the exact name click find, delete any item highlighted with the related file name then click find next & do the same continue until there are no more. Do not touch anything else in the registry & make a backup of the registry before you start incase of any mistakes ( Highlight my computer click file click export

rawprawn 16:51 22 Jan 04

Before you do that try to delete it using Spybot & ad-aware after booting in safe mode.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Battlefield 1 review: Destructive environments, phenomenal graphics and an emotional campaign make…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Microsoft HoloLens hands-on review

How to use System Preferences in macOS Sierra (and Mac OS X): Complete guide to personalising the…