Brian

placeone 13:00 07 May 03

Hi,i currently run a computer using an AT power supply,after the computer shuts down i then have to manually switch the power off.The problem is i do not recieve the final notification screen saying'IT IS NOW SAFE TO TURN OFF YOUR COMPUTER'.Although this is not a big problem for me, it is for the rest of the family that use it,becuase they sometimes switch the power off before shut down is complete, causing file corruption.Does anyone know how to return this screen to the computer.Incidently,i have formated the computer several times but this does not solve the problem.

Andsome 14:01 07 May 03

You won't get very many answers for your problem if you do not put a proper title. I suggest that you start another thread and head it 'Windows shut down problem'. A lot of the experienced users on the forum have made a point of not looking at threads with ambiguous titles.

recap 14:18 07 May 03

placeone, what is your operating system? Thsi may help somebody give you the answer you require.

placeone 14:23 07 May 03

Thanks recap,my operating system is 'Windows 98se.

Ellie3009 15:46 07 May 03

There is a way to make the computer turn off on its own so that no-one ever has to press the power button.
I think it might be in the bios, but I can't remember off the top of my head. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

Ellie3009 15:57 07 May 03

Okay, so ignore what I said, I think applies only to ATX power supplies. Sorry!

-pops- 16:01 07 May 03

Hope it's not this Brian you want an answer from as I haven't a clue what the answer is and I don't really understand the problem either.

Brian

Goldcroft 16:48 07 May 03

There's a lot of Brians about Pops. Think there was a film about the life of one.

Brian-336451 17:50 07 May 03

I'm definitely not THAT Brian either!

Another Brian

Mango Grummit 19:08 07 May 03

To try to understand this problem it may help if placeone could explain why his query is headed Brian.

tartanterror 19:09 07 May 03

hmmm me either
another brian :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5