Breathe - E-Mail Problems

Taff™ 13:07 07 Apr 07

Not sure if this should be in Consumerwatch but Breathe are having major e-mail server problems. Since last Wednesday I haven`t been receiving e-mails from my account which I`ve had since the last century! (Good job I`ve got alternative e-mail addresses.)

Their website status stated: "We are upgrading our mail servers which may lead to minor disruption for some customers. Please bear with us during this time and accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused!" - MINOR!!!!!

Contacted customer support and was told that the problems would be resolved sometime on Friday and that although I wasn`t able to log in to webmail, that too would be resolved.

Today there is no difference. I`ve managed to log in to their customer area and log a support request but I`m not hopeful of a response.

More alarmingly, some people have told me that e-mails to my breathemail account have been bounced!

Anyone else having the same problems?

Diodorus Siculus 17:14 07 Apr 07

Having the problem with BlueCarrots, now part of Breathe. It's an old a/c that seems to keep working so I keep it. Didn't know it was part of Breathe until you mentioned this so I logged onto it and got to Breathe site.

No great problem, just letting you know you are not alone :)

PS The router etc you talked me through almost two years ago is still running great :)

lenc 17:15 07 Apr 07

Like you I've had problems with my (VISP) webmail account since Wed. Despite assurances from Breathe support, I can't get in to my account. I can now get to the webmail login page but my attempts to get in fail. Has anyone got into a webmail account recently?

Taff™ 10:28 08 Apr 07

Still no joy. No response from Breathe support and unable to log in to webmail so pretty much the same situation as lenc.

What`s so very annoying is that Breathe didn`t even bother to warn us that this might happen and haven`t even bothered to post current information on their website. Pretty poor customer service.

p;3 17:09 08 Apr 07

click here can you (try to)log into it on this portal?

p;3 17:20 08 Apr 07

according to another thread on here, you may have to wait for email service until late this week::))

Taff™ 11:24 09 Apr 07

p;3 - Yes I can log into the customers area from that link, that`s how I contacted breathe support - This was their reply from last night:
Dear Customer,

We are implementing a major upgrade of our mail services which will have a number of benefits for our customers and former customers. During the upgrade, there may be difficulties connecting to the mail-platform or using webmail, but these performance issues are only temporary and you should be able to continue using your mail normally within 24-48 hours.

The upgrade will give you access to a range of new functions including: Photo Albums, File Storage, Online, Calendar & Sophisticated Anti-Spam & Anti-Virus

The upgrade will also protect our customers from Spam and prevent people using our mail servers to send spam.

Please bear with us while the upgrade is completed. We apologise for the inconvenience.

Regards, Breathe Support (8/4/2007 – 21.39)

Which suggests we won`t be getting access to our e-mails until Tuesday which will be 6 days since the servers went down without notice. Can you give me the link to the other thread please.

p;3 11:26 09 Apr 07

click here DV I have picked the right thread!!

Taff™ 12:18 09 Apr 07

Thanks!

I note that as well as Breathe and BlueCarrots that macunlimited.net, sagehost.co.uk, iclway.co.uk are also affected. I presume that all those who migrated from Breathe`s rescue of Biscit customers last month are also affected that`s definately a case of "out of the frying pan ...."

lenc 18:51 11 Apr 07

Breathe have finally updated the message to email users on their homepage. It says that webmail is getting back, but my account is still unreachable.

p;3 19:59 11 Apr 07

OK folks....now

BREATHE................DEEPLY.......

I did say BREATHE

deeply

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…