Break this code:

CutNpaste 09:26 31 Aug 06

Hi guyz,
my girl freind gave me this coded message.
I really want to know how to break the code and what it says:

R XZMG OREV DRGSLFG BLF - MVEVI TL ZDZY

thanks guyz

wolfie3000 09:39 31 Aug 06

clearly isnt 1337 sP34|< lol,

sorry i cant help, its too early in the morning for me, but im sure someone will crack it.

Eric10 09:50 31 Aug 06

This is the key to solving it.

A B C D E F G H I J K L M
Z Y X W V U T S R Q P O N

If a letter of the message appears in the top line then read the corresponding letter from the bottom line and vice versa. She made a mistake with the last letter however and forgot to code that. It's just a simple reverse alphabet code.

JayDay 09:53 31 Aug 06

Has she been reading the Da Vinci Code by any chance?

CutNpaste 09:59 31 Aug 06

thanks eric,
life saver.

skeletal 11:14 31 Aug 06

Ahh!! The joys of young love. I used to hear things along those lines many, many years ago. Now it’s: “I wish you’d go out, I want to clean the house up and you keep getting under my feet”!

Skeletal

vinnyT 11:33 31 Aug 06

skeletal, and it's rarely in code is it?

ArrGee 15:36 31 Aug 06

My girlfriend keeps leaving me messages on post-it notes saying:
TREV NV NLMVB
Now I know. Thanks.

dogbreath1 16:18 31 Aug 06

There's a small cafe near where I work and the German owner speaks in a similar code. The other day, I asked him what he had available for breakfast and he replied, "vfmnx". I think I'll have to borrow an Enigma machine....I don't suppose?

Meshuga 19:36 31 Aug 06

dogbreath1, at a rough guess I would say that your German is telling you he has Ham&Eggs for breakfast.

bluto1 19:42 31 Aug 06

...you`re lucky. I get a duster and can of polish pushed silently into my hands. The loudest sound I ever heard.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…