Branded Memory - Is it worth it?

BigMoFoT 22:56 19 Feb 03

Me and my nate have a similar spec machine apart from memory, I have a 512 stick of Corsair XMS PC2700, he has 2 sticks of 256 Micron PC2700.

According to Sisoft Sandra he has a bigger bandwith and better performnce - Is branded memory all it's cracked up to be or is it just the software? Could it be cos he has 2 sticks to my one?

(Obviously I'm a bit peaved as it cost me £170 quid for that memory - But because of the board I have; Asus A7V33 Scan would not sell me that board without branded memory!)

pj123 23:07 19 Feb 03

I have never bought branded memory and I have not had any problems. I have just bought two 64mb of SDRAM for £8 each. Go to this site and check out the prices for memory click here

PªūĽ ™ ♂ 09:39 20 Feb 03

Try overcocking unbranded memory compared to branded memory and you will see its worth it. I would take the corsair memory any day over any other brand

Stuartli 10:19 20 Feb 03

It can prove superior and more reliable. However, Scan of Bolton claims that its memory, which is very competitively priced, is much faster than equivalent offerings from other outlets.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…