Brand new issues with 9600GT

maestrode 23:38 19 Jul 08

Here is my setup...
XpertVision 1GB NVIDIA GeForce 9600GT SONIC
HDMI cable (no DVI connection involved here)
Connected to my 40" Samsung LE40R7

I was having problems with low FPS on games such as World of Warcraft and Race Driver: GRID. It turns out that the latest NVIDIA drivers (and the version before that) were the cause of the problem. So I installed the XpertVision drivers off the CD. Then I ran both games and they were perfect.

But...
Upon installing these new drivers, I'm having some major scaling issues. In NVIDIA Control Panel, 'Resize HDTV desktop' has disappeared and 'Change flat panel scaling' is stuck on 'Use my display's built-in scaling'. I can understand that the old drivers might not support these features but my desktop and World of Warcraft are way over-stretched (no matter what resolution i set). Another thing is, if I install latest XpertVision drivers off their website, I go back to square one, awful framerate.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Mr Mistoffelees 07:48 20 Jul 08

What resolution are you trying to run at on the television? It may just be too high for your graphics card to deliver a good framerate.

maestrode 12:10 20 Jul 08

I currently have it running at my TV's native resolution 1360x768 but the framerate isn't the issue anymore it's the scaling. It doesn't matter what resolution I set it to, it'll still stretch the desktop so I can't see the edges.

I'm going to have to stick with VGA for now until NVIDIA comes up with a driver that works for me. HDMI is causing me all sorts of problems.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac