braille keyboards

harps1h 07:43 07 Feb 05

i need to find a supplier of a 102/104 key keyboard that has the braille embossed on each individual key. i can find the normal braille keyboards ok, but i need one set out like a qwerty. can anyone help?

Harps1h :-(

goonerbill © ® 07:47 07 Feb 05

found this click here

goonerbill © ® 08:02 07 Feb 05

sorry. link is to U.S. braille keyboard not U.K. most links i could find was for U.S. products.

did find this click here scroll down the page, braille keyboard stickers

goonerbill © ® 23:26 07 Feb 05

^bump^

Colinp 23:35 07 Feb 05

My daughter goes to the West of England school for children with little or no sight in Exeter, I will try to remember to ask them what they use when I go in next if this is of use

harps1h 22:31 08 Feb 05

thank you for that. i need to hand it in next week. as a mature student i appreciate all help offered and given

harps

Colinp 20:50 10 Feb 05

OK. I been into the school today and explained what was required. They looked blankly at me. They have never heard of such a thing, and why would one want one. They did suggest trying Dynotape?, that plastic sticky tape about 3/8" wide that you you emboss letters onto and is used for labeling and sticking them onto the keys. The only other thing that i can think of is to get in touch with the RNIB and see what they come up with.
Sorry I can't be of more help

Colinp 20:52 10 Feb 05

I've just noticed goonerbill © ®'s last post. You may need to go that route. It looks better than the Dynotape way

harps1h 20:59 10 Feb 05

thanks again for that i have seen it on an american site but they do not seem to be available here. sorry about the blank looks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…