Bounced email

Esso43 19:07 15 Jun 03

I have tried to send an email to a friend in the us and got this message

Your message

You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator.
smtp-out3.blueyonder.co.uk #5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for [email protected]>

I have no idea who to talk to in Blueyonder? Or what to say to them any suggestions?

Valvegrid 19:20 15 Jun 03

Are you trying to send them an attached file? Some servers get a bit twitchy on certain types of attachments. I have had something similar and had to zip the file prior to sending.

Paul.

beeuuem 20:07 15 Jun 03

This click here gives contacts for bounced messages on blueyonder.

keith-236785 20:28 15 Jun 03

just to expand on Valvegrid, there is a limit with some ISPs as to the size of a file which can be downloaded via e-mail, if this was the case then you may have to either Zip the file or split it into smaller files.

keith-236785 20:30 15 Jun 03

i regularly send e-mails to Virginia usa with no problems, however last week i tried to send an attached file 1.08MB, it was bounced back to me as not able to send.

spuds 20:38 15 Jun 03

Perhaps there is some 'security risk' safeguard in motion,with the possibility of pending terrorist activities.

beeuuem 21:46 15 Jun 03

It looks as if their servers are down - no links to them work. click here and click here and click here

Valvegrid 21:57 15 Jun 03

Your links work wonderfully well for me.
Paul.

beeuuem 22:08 15 Jun 03

Peculiar -when I try them on IE or Opera I get

Server Error
The following error occurred:
The client could not connect.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please contact the administrator

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…