bottlenecking help

sieggylee 08:18 AM 15 Oct 11

Hey guys...its been a long time sinse i came on here last and the last time i was on here everyone was so helpful so now im asking for everyones help again.

Basicly i believe that my CPU is bottlenecking my GTX 570 SLI and i want to know if bulldozer is any better? I know that its only just come out so it might be hard to tell...not happy with what i have read on it so far. I spent £200 on a new motherboard ready for it...should of just got an Intel one :(.

Anyway if someone could give me some advice i would really appreciate it.

gengiscant 08:56 AM 15 Oct 11

Might be actually quite useful to have mentioned in your post the motherboard you have just spent 200 quid on and even maybe your CPU. Perhaps then we just might be able to give you an answer, at the moment it would be pure guesswork as to whether your CPU is bottle-necking your graphics card.

What do you think?

sieggylee 09:32 AM 15 Oct 11

yeah sorry my bad lol.i got a phenom ii x6 1090t CPU and my motherboard is a gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD7.

gengiscant 11:03 AM 15 Oct 11

Not an easy question to answer outright. I have games that use a single core of my CPU intensively and only lightly touches my GTX 460 and it varies lots with other games. Basically it's not an equal balance in most cases but modern games like Battlefield 3, Witcher 2 etc will push everything with the right settings. Also what resolution do you game at?

sieggylee 13:38 PM 15 Oct 11

1920x1080..dont really want to go any lower than that lol

gengiscant 14:19 PM 15 Oct 11

I game at 1900 x 1200 with my latest build without any problems whatsoever. Metro,COD, Crysis 2 etc at high or ultra so I really do not think you should be having any problems.

gengiscant 15:33 PM 15 Oct 11

Done a bit more research and your resolution shouldn't present too many problems as long as the applications are well tuned to multi threaded CPUs! The one weakness with AMD is when presented with programs/games that only use a single thread/core, then Intel chips tend to stomp all over them. Then again GTX 570 SLI is so overkill for that resolution anyway it should obliterate any given game

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Swedish schoolkids use Minecraft to redesign Stockholm city centre

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites