Bottleneck ?

Flopper 10:25 28 Nov 03

I have a P3600EB 133fsb chip, 256mb SDram and a GainWard GeForce 4 mx440 128 mb graphics card which plays Call Of Duty in glorious colour at a decent speed and seemed to play Wolfenstein in a similar mode during a brief test.
However, when playing MOH:Breakthrough, although graphically nice, when I am in a scene where the action is intense and in the desert, for example, the game 'stutters'.
Is MOH more demanding than similar games, or do I have a bottleneck ?
I am upgrading to a P3 1GHZ chip shortly, will this help ?

Diodorus Siculus 10:32 28 Nov 03

Yes, the P3 1GH will make an improvment; couple it with another 256mb RAM and you should see a vast improvement.

Having said that, I know nothing of games so it may well be a case of MOH (Medal of Honour?) needing more resources....

smegs 10:36 28 Nov 03

I have all these games. I have a P4 1.9, 64mb g/card. I don't have any problems.

Chegs ® 10:52 28 Nov 03

I have Ti4800,AMD 2600,1.0gb DDR ram,all my games work flawlessly until I get asked to install DX-9.Then games often "freeze" momentarily.I have tried DX-9/DX-9a/DX-9b,and both my fav racing games display this behaviour.

Flopper 11:20 28 Nov 03

I will try the chip and throw in the extra memory and see what happens.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…