both printers won't print since installing on xp

Beverley Anne 18:46 23 Jul 06

both my brother HL-1430 and canon i865 printers fail to print I've installed the drivers for both printers but for some reason it won't print all the message I get is fail to print message

I had no problems when using it with 98se

I am the only user of the pc

woodchip 18:51 23 Jul 06

You need to go to Printer Site Downloads and download XP or Win2000 drivers for the printers

Beverley Anne 19:03 23 Jul 06

thanks for the quick reply woodchip I have the latest drivers I've tried these and got the same fail to print message.

woodchip 19:09 23 Jul 06

You need to remove any reference to the Printers. Starting at Control Panel Add Remove, then check Start\Settings\Printers to see if the printers have been removed if not right click and delete. then Check Start\Search or find type your printer make Delete all Printer reference. You could also Remove from Regedit. As that's where the problem could be bur first try the above. then unplug printers and load new drivers before plugging in the printers

Beverley Anne 19:41 23 Jul 06

woodchip I uninstalled both printers I haven't done the Regedit yet has I don't know what to mess with there.

I reinstalled only the canon printer for now and it still won't work I clicked on a txt document to see if that would print and it won't.

I miss my windows 98se

Varig 20:00 23 Jul 06

You dont say what O/S you are using but wrong drivers is most likely.
woodchip gives good info on this.
You say you have the latest drivers but are they the correct ones for your O/s.
I had a similar thing XP O/S and trying to use Win2K
drivers but they were the latest drivers just the wrong ones.
You should be able to sort this easily with a bit of help from this site.

Beverley Anne 20:36 23 Jul 06

Varig sorry I didn't mention it but I am using xp, home with sp2 OS

I downloaded the xp drivers and installed them but I'm still getting the same message.

In the print queue list of my canon print I've click on the printer tab and noticed that the connect box is greyed out I don't know if that anything to do with it?

woodchip 20:43 23 Jul 06

Go to My Computer right click on it Properties\Hardware\Device Manager I think you will see some yellow icons, right click on these and choose uninstall. Now unplug your printer and restart your compter then plug the printer in

Beverley Anne 20:47 23 Jul 06

woodchip I did what you said there no yellow icons there also no printer tab there at all.

woodchip 20:48 23 Jul 06

Are the Printers USB?

Beverley Anne 20:52 23 Jul 06

yes the printers are usb.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac