Borders in Word

Ade_1 20:30 16 Jan 06

Hi, my mother is wanting to put a boarder that goes oround the page, but it comes up with a messages abotu the margins. I have changed the margins but it still wont print... What can i do?

The printer is a Lexmark P3150 in case you need the printer model.

keith-236785 20:36 16 Jan 06

one thing you could do is to create a table with only 1 cell, then you could make it to fit the page and set the border to whatever thickness/pattern you wanted.

look for the tables tab, (i think its in the tools menu) and set number of cells to 1 and number of columns to 1, resize to suit and then right click/properties/borders and shading, select the border line/pattern and that should be it.

easy for a simple document but more in depth for multiple tables etc. trial and error is key.

good luck

to set the margins, you need to goto file/page setup and change the margin sizes, bottom one needs to be a minimum of 1.4cm but the rest can be any size you want.

lotvic 23:00 16 Jan 06

In the 'Search Forum' box at top of this page type,

border

and you will find there are various solutions to the problem you have with page borders in Word

woodchip 23:05 16 Jan 06

You should be able to create a Text Box then drag to size. then choose fill for the box border etc. look for these in Menu. I cannot help further as I use Corel WordPerfect

Bagsey 09:23 17 Jan 06

Go to Word. Format. Boarders and shading. Then take your choices from there.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…