BootVis.exe Tool for System Manufacturers

powerless 13:53 10 Jul 04

** Please note that Bootvis.exe is not a tool that will improve boot/resume performance for end users. Contrary to some published reports, Bootvis.exe cannot reduce or alter a system's boot or resume performance. The boot optimization routines invoked by Bootvis.exe are built into Windows XP. These routines run automatically at pre-determined times as part of the normal operation of the operating system. **

click here

I just noticed that, i don't use bootvis but does it work? Or are we all under the spell of bootvis improves boot times, for the something XP does anyway.

Opinions...

VoG II 13:57 10 Jul 04

Well I used it ages and ages ago and it did improve things slightly.

It is still available if you click here

dagwoood 22:28 10 Jul 04

Running Bootvis made a big difference to my boot up times.

I only have a few programs loading at start up and have 14 processes running, and after I upgraded my hard drive, I couldn't understand why my bootup times were slow(over a minute).

I ran bootvis and my bootup time went down to just over 40 seconds.

I understand that such a big improvement is atypical when using bootvis, but as per VoG™'s posting, most users see some improvement.

dagwoood.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…