bootup and xp reload problems

Obi One Kenobi (without the Force) 09:39 06 Jun 08

I have 2 questions

1) My pc would not go on the net and then the drive gave up saying it had an xp file problem. I tried to repair xp but it would not work. So I went for fresh instalment, I thought I had formatted the drive when I reloaded a fresh xp. But I don’t think this was the case. I had several problems in reinstalling xp. I gave it several attempts and then finally gave up.

I later switch my pc back on and on boot up it gave me 3 x xp option and one xp set up option as default. I can use the arrow keys to navigate to the first xp option which now works. If I don’t then it goes into xp set up mode. I have gone on to msconfig and changed the first xp option to default so hopefully it won't go into xp setup mode. Is there a way I can delete the others an only keep the first xp option?

Microsoft windows xp pro
Microsoft windows xp pro
Microsoft windows xp pro
Microsoft windows xp pro setup

Only the first one works. If I have to reformat the drive how do I do this as there is no format option on my xp disk, just upgrade and new installation

2) Being as thick as I am when I was busy reloading xp I loaded the xp on one of my partition sections of the drive. The partition was only 10gig. I did try to format the partition by click on the drive and choosing the format option but it was not playing ball. My pc was going all funny so on my next go to install xp I saw an option to delete this partition, which I did.

Now that I HAVE DELETED the partition do that 10gig go back to the rest of my drive storage?

woodchip 09:45 06 Jun 08

Have you got a full XP CD and all the Drivers for the Computer Hardware? plus do you have backups of all your work on another drive or Media?

yes, thats not a problem

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant