Bootup Problems

Art* 22:41 27 Mar 09

Hi the last couple of days if i have restarted the pc it just locks up like a program that cant start properly, no matter how many times i restart the same. I have re installed vista all i put on was a graphics driver and nortons av09, i couldnt even turn the sidebar off i tried it locked up is this a possible hard drive fault as i have been suspicious about my h/d for a while now. The rest of the pc was new in sept and has had no prolems apart from this fault.

howard64 12:14 28 Mar 09

go to the manufacturers site for the hard drive and download their disk diagnostics. I suspected a fault on my newest pc and went to the western digital site. I ran the test and was given a fault no. I then contacted western who confirmed that with that fault no. the drive was finished. They then sent me a RMA no. and post label to return it as it was still under warranty. I received a new replacement 2 days ago and am about to set up my pc again.

Art* 14:23 28 Mar 09

I just went to the seagate site and downloaded seatools for windows, i placed it on the desktop after a few lock up issues, then run as administrator nothing i just get a flashing h/d light, so i cant even install the program, i have tried installing 3 times sofar,windows says the h/d is healthy but withought a proper check i dont know, im now wondering if my mobos on its way out.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…