Bootup error messages & blue screen

May the Schwarz be with you... 14:43 04 Apr 04

Hi, I frequently get the following messages when I boot up my PC:

PartMgr.sys
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NOPAGED_AREA

or

*** STOP: 0x00000050 (0xF87DB4AB, 0x00000000, 0xF87DB4AB, 0x00000000)
*** PartMgr.sys - Address F87DB4AB base at F87D9000, DateStamp 00000000

I recently built another new PC so I decided to move some stuff to this PC so I guess the problem could be hardware related. However, I have formatted the hard drive many times. First time I bootup, it works ok but after 1 or 2 restarts, I keep getting these error messages.

Also, it seems that my floppy drive isn't in My Computer anymore. I'm sure that all the plugs in are properly because it shows up in BIOS.

I haven't yet installed the motherboard drivers from the CD. Would this solve the problem by sorting out the hardware conflicts/problems?

Regards

*bump*

anon1 16:31 05 Apr 04

this click here
might help you in the right direction

Well, I have had a reshuffle around with the components to make it similar to it before. I'm going to format my hard drive once more.

Here are the spec btw:

ECS L7S7A2 motherboard
AMD Athlon XP 1700+ 266Mhz FSB CPU
Crucial 512MB PC2100 DDR RAM
GeForce 4 Ti4200 64MB graphics card
Fujitsu 13GB ATA33 hard drive
Samsung 6x ATA33 DVD drive
HP 9100+ 8x4x32x CD-RW drive

AndySD 17:05 05 Apr 04

Did you try reinstalling/updating the motherboard drivers?

anon1 17:08 05 Apr 04

ok wait before you do anything drastic. click here
and download drivers for your system. You may find that ends your problem. although the drivers may have come with the nvidea card they could be out of date.

It's not the graphics card drivers. I installed the latest ForceWare ones but it doesn't solve the problem. I don't think it's to do with my graphics card because it's not THAT old, lol. And I was using it in my previous PC without any problems before.

OK, when I try loading up to Windows Setup using my Windows XP Pro CD, all the stuff loads at the bottom and when it's getting ready to load setup or something, I get a blue screen which says UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME. I tried looking for something on this and some threads say I should use chkdsk or something but I don't know how to get to it. My hard drive does boot to Safe Mode though.

gudgulf 17:31 05 Apr 04

click here

also have a look in device manager from safe mode--may tell you which devices are causing problems.

anon1 17:37 06 Apr 04

I still think the video card could be the problem. One way to find out is to set hardware acceleration to lowest and see if problems stop

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…