bootup concern

bendigo 11:34 30 Jul 09

When I boot up my pc, the 'on' button lights up and there is a brief flash from the hard drive activity light then both switch off. The screen remains black and blank. It usually takes one or two attempts holding the 'on' button down for a few seconds until eventually it opens up normally. I have recently downloaded a backup programme which took a while to get to function properly. I was getting concerned at my lack of a backup regime hence the new software.
Pcbackup Pro 10. Could this be the problem or do the symptoms suggest other problems?

Sea Urchin 13:29 30 Jul 09

PCBackup Pro 10 seems to be available from a number of sites - one or two of them look distinctly dodgy. Assuming you downloaded it from a reputable source (I assume it was a paid-for version) it should be OK.

If this problem only occurred after you downloaded PCBup I would try uninstalling and re-installing.

woodchip 14:06 30 Jul 09

It may be a faulty PSU

birddog 15:26 11 Feb 10

when I bootup winxp the display is 5cms above where it should be[the bottom of the screen] after bootup the display is ok. can you help?
regards,
b'dog

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…