Booting up problem after shutdown

leedsafc 18:13 21 Apr 05

I have just upgraded my motherboard and when i booted up to test the system every thing appeared to be normal after i changed some settings in bios. However when i shut the system down and rebooted the monitor did not come on but remained in standby mode. op system 98se giv us a clue anyone!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:02 21 Apr 05

No monitor = no signal from graphics card or CPU or psu fauty. Any beeps on start up?

1. check security of monitor cable

2. bent / damaged pins in cable

3. graphics card fully insert in slot.

4. graphics card power cable inserted if required

5. psu struggling with load disconnect a cd dvd etc to see if any difference occurs

gudgulf 19:26 21 Apr 05

Or maybe the settings you changed in the BIOS were incorrect for your system.In which case try unplugging from the mains and using the jumper near the battery (or remove battery) to reset your BIOS defaults.Check with your motherboard manual to locate the correct jumper.It might boot then.

leedsafc 19:39 21 Apr 05

Thanks for that I suspect that i didnt have the graphics card securley fastened. however i failed to mention that the monitor display will only come on after i unplug at the mains and reboot after i have plugged in again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…