Booting Problem

Gooseballer 19:39 09 Sep 05

I have just built a new computer and when i turn it on every thing works but nothing comes up on the monitor. I know it is not the graphics as i have tried a couple. Please could someone helpl me?

Totally-braindead 19:47 09 Sep 05

Make sure the speaker inside the computer is connected then restart. Are there any bleeps coming from the speaker this will give you a clue to what is wrong. You will need to post back with the make and model of your motherboard so the code can be interpreted.

Gooseballer 20:14 09 Sep 05

The motherboard is an Intel D865PERL. it has an onboard speaker and there are no beeps.

User-312386 20:19 09 Sep 05

No beeps is either the PSU is not powerful enough or the CPU has failed

GaT7 20:24 09 Sep 05

The motherboard has onboard audio - that doesn't mean onboard speaker (or does it?!).

Connect the PC case's speaker to the appropriate motherboard header(s) - check the motherboard manual. G

Gooseballer 20:31 09 Sep 05

It is an onboard speaker. A little while after restarting it the speaker makes a buzzing sound then stops

dan11 20:36 09 Sep 05

yes it does have a separate speaker, built into the board. As above. ^^

have you connected the 20pin and 4 pin power connectors to the motherboard?

Gooseballer 21:29 09 Sep 05

All the appropriate things are connected and every thing turns on (hard drive, cd-rom etc.)

woodchip 21:32 09 Sep 05

Remove all connections from Drives all card exept Graphics see if you can get something on screen now boot to BIOS

dan11 21:37 09 Sep 05

Also check that the bios configuration jumper is in the normal position. On Pin 1 and 2.

woodchip 21:41 09 Sep 05

If it's not the motherboard could be fried

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…