Booting problem

geedad 13:02 25 Jan 04

When starting my computer, it freezes at the 'Windows98 logo'.
I press the 'RESTART' button and the computer chooses option 3, and starts in 'SAFE MODE'.
When in 'SAFE MODE' I click 'START' button to 'RESTART' ..... then phew!! it starts in normal mode, showing my normal desktop.

Anyone experienced this problem ?
If so, please let me know how to solve it.
Thanks in advance.
geedad

MichelleC 13:42 25 Jan 04

Have a look in Device Manager for any yellows and reinstall driver/s.

Stowit 14:08 25 Jan 04

I'm experiencing a similar problem ( amongst others) but may have solved it. In the bios there was a an optionunder pnp/pci configuration to enable or disable some sort of detection. Its default setting was disable. It said on the screen if there was some conflict it would be unable to boot, then to alter to enable. Sort of worked for me but I've other issues. Then I think MichelleC's right try reinstalling drivers. Hope you have better luck than me!

geedad 16:04 25 Jan 04

MichelleC and Stowit. No yellows in Device Manager.
Thanks to you both but the problem still exists.
Anybody else got any answers?
geedad

MichelleC 20:53 25 Jan 04

Try running scandisk in safemode, and also checking system files: RUN/ type sfc and replace any corrupt files from os disc(all changed files will show).

Valvegrid 21:07 25 Jan 04

I used to get a regular problem booting, it kept freezing on the Windows logo, after I removed it with TweakUI I haven't ever had a problem.

click here

woodchip 21:28 25 Jan 04

Go to start/Run type MSCONFIG go to startup tab untick all exept, system tray, and anti-virus retry comp

geedad 22:07 25 Jan 04

Thanks again, MichelleC, Valvegrid and woodchip.
Will try each suggestion in turn. Will eventually report if successful.
geedad

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…