Booting from CD

BLUEDUN 13:54 03 May 04

Due to a persistant virus I need to format my hard drive and reload XP. I am told I have to set my BIOS to 'Boot from CD' How do I get into my BIOS?

jimv7 14:09 03 May 04

It should tell you to press a key or combination of keys during boot-up at the bottem of the screen, try hitting the delete key, or f2, different boards can use different keys, the motherboard manual should give you this information.

powerless 14:11 03 May 04
  BLUEDUN 20:14 03 May 04

Thanks jimv7 and powerless. I've got into my bios but unfortunately it requests a password and I don't have one. I guess I'm stuffed without one. Any more suggestions?

woodchip 20:32 03 May 04

It may be in the instruction manual as some put it in there or you could get a program of me just by sending through the Yellow Envelope to the left of this post and it will save the CMOS settings to a floppy disc you can then remove the battery from the motherboard and it will set defaults and remove password so you can set to start from CD. You can ether then after setup you cmos manual or run the floppy program that will reset password and settings.

PS have you tried starting with the XP CD it may boot

BLUEDUN 17:15 04 May 04

Thanks chums! I'm all sorted now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

New iOS 11 release date rumours UK | new features coming to Siri, FaceTime, Messages and Video