Booting up

Anson 09:09 10 Aug 03

I am bothered by a boot up problem that is not causing me any problems at the moment. One of the first windows I see when I boot up is the Main Processor window which shows all the details of the processor etc. At the bottom of this window a line appears saying ? Searching for Boot Record from CD-Rom?. After a few seconds another line appears saying ?Searching for Boot Record from Floppy?. This window closes and at the top of the next window appears ?Invalid BOOT.INI file ? Booting from C:\Windows. It does as it says and I start working, This to me seems the wrong way to start the system. Can anyone tell me how to create a Boot. ini file, and what benefits I would see from it, if any.

graham√ 09:19 10 Aug 03

And your operating system is? It would appear that a bios setting has instructed the PC to boot first from the CD, second from Floppy, third from C. C should be the first unless you are doing a reformat.

If you are happy to do it, restart the comp and enter the bios setup. You should find the settings you need to change, depending on your OS.

Anson 09:30 10 Aug 03

Sorry about not including the OS. It is Windows XP Home Edition.

graham√ 13:57 10 Aug 03

To enter bios, press and hold F1 when you boot.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…