Bootable Hard Drive Image Software?

Sibbo 18:42 18 Dec 04

I've just bought a new PC and have loaded all of the relevant drivers etc. and also all of my mostly used programs. I was just wondering if there is any software available that would create a bootable image on DVD discs? This way it would be easier to reload everything from 2 or 3 discs rather than the numerous others that would be required in the event of a PC crash. Thanks in advance.

€dstowe 18:54 18 Dec 04

Have a look at the facilities offered by Acronis True Image click here

alan227 19:00 18 Dec 04

Have to agree with €dstowe, Acronis is a good product.
Be sure to read the instructions supplied with it as it can make your OS unusable.

mattyc_92 19:07 18 Dec 04

Acronis True image is good, but you need DVD-RWs/DVD+RWs/CD-RWs for it to copy to disks....

Ghost 2003 is the best option.... It copies your WHOLE system onto a CD/DVD and copies a "bootable" sector onto it, making it easy to restore the image.....

Acronis True Image does the same, in theory, though!!!

oscar cat 19:35 18 Dec 04

Acronis true image has never let me down, been using it for several years now, a good option is to keep a copy on a spare partition preferably on second hard drive and will restore inside half an hour.

Praxis99 21:12 18 Dec 04

I've used Drive Image 7 for the last yr or more and each time I have needed to do either a partial or complete recovery it has worked flawlessly. Like you plan too, I have imaged a recent XP re-install on DVD as well as the image files I store on hard disk.

Symantec have now brought out Powerquest and incorporated Drive Image into there most recent version of Ghost. It also comes bundled with Norton Sys Works 2005 which given the other utilities available in this suite of software makes for a particularly good deal over the usual standalone price of the Ghost software.

Sibbo 12:54 19 Dec 04

Thanks everyone

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…