Bootable cds

new214 15:18 18 Feb 07

hey all, im new to this but i have 2 quetions- the first being:-

what are bootable cds and what are they used for?? Ive recently seen when burning a cd of my file- there is a option called bootable cds- but dont know what it is??

Also does anyone know how to seperate audio from a wmv- video file??

thanks

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:26 18 Feb 07

A bootable CD is one that can be used ti boot the PC when a: the HDD fails or windows becomes corrupted thus allow ing you to repair the system.

Bootable Cds can also contain a different operating system e.g linux giving you a chance to try out the system .

DBPoweramp's click here Auxiliary recorder set to record from your stereo mixer rather than line in, will record any audio that passes through your sound card.

Diodorus Siculus 15:27 18 Feb 07

Bootable CD - as the name suggests, it will allow the PC to boot when the disk is in the CD drive. A windows XP disk, for example is bootable.

You can create your own with some diagnostic tools on it for use when the PC will not boot from the hard drive.

Take a look at audacity from click here for your Audio query.

new214 16:53 18 Feb 07

Is bootable cds diffrent from creating a recovery disk- because ive just got a new pc and created a recovery operating system-disk from the partion that was there.

Whats the diffrence between the 2??

Strawballs 17:02 18 Feb 07

That is another form of bootable CD that Fruit Bat /\0/\ touched on for reinstalling or repairing a corrupt OS.

Acronis also get you to create a bootable disc in order to access any backup created with it.

new214 18:15 18 Feb 07

So as ive created a recovery disk- i wouldnt need to create a bootable cd with nero??

were would it be possible to download linux operating system- as ive heard its free

thanks

skidzy 18:29 18 Feb 07

Ubuntu is free click here

Ive been trying this out recently,but sadly do not know enough yet to advise more.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac