boot up xp problem

markles 11:29 24 Oct 06

My pc starts and offers the options to start xp in safe mode, last know good, normal etc and I have selected all of these options but when xp tries to load it gives me a blank screen before the sign on screen and just hangs. any ideas forward please? I have the xp disc and selected repair consol but not sure where to go from there.

many thanks for any help

Noelg23 11:35 24 Oct 06

sounds like a serious boot error, you may need to reinstall the whole OS again...reformat the hard drive beforehand...you say u get a blank screen, do u also get the blue screen of death (BSOD)? If so does it display any messages at the bottom? need more info if possible...thanks...then we can decide if u need to reformat and reinstall Windows...

markles 11:43 24 Oct 06

its a black screen and no error messages, beforehand I was trying to access the bios using f1 to no avail so needed to switch off and start again, but after third attempt and no access to bios this happened. have tried chdsk but has found no problemand reports drive in good condition

andrew-196854 11:49 24 Oct 06

are there any beeps coming from your pc, and am i right in saying you cannot get into your bios?

SANTOS7 11:49 24 Oct 06

click here
not sure how to repair XP this will help (includes easy to follow diagrams) good luck..

markles 11:54 24 Oct 06

no beeps, it appears that the signon page cant be found

markles 12:10 24 Oct 06

it was me trying to access the bios that caused it....now xp tries to load get 1st screen up saying windows xp etc with logo then goes to a black screen with mouse cursor movable but just hangs

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…