Boot up Win XP

anniesboy68 14:09 11 Nov 03

Prior to re installing Win XP [OEM ver] my computer booted up to the windows desktop. Now, after the new install I have a window split into two asking me "to begin click user name" which I do and then proceeds to desktop. Any ideas why this is so and how to overcome it please. I am reluctant to mess about with "user accounts"

Giggle n' Bits 14:13 11 Nov 03

only yourself as 1 name there. Make sure you are also the Computer Administrator. If you do not want a password make sure you select not to have a P/word.

Reboot and problem sorted.

Again, don't be worried about going into the user accounts just read as you go and you will be ok.

anniesboy68 14:25 11 Nov 03

Audio Chip thanks....I have in my user acct 1 myself as computer administrator no password, 2 Guest acct off and, 3 ASP.Net Machine A Limited account password protected. Whatever that account is i do not know....ABoy

critic-al 14:38 11 Nov 03

I believe this happens after one of the windows security updates,

anniesboy68 15:12 11 Nov 03

critic-al...yes I suspected this is the trouble....but if we all downloaded the updates surely someone else will have this problem...unless it doesn't bother them.......??

critic-al 15:14 11 Nov 03

No, it may not be a critical update,just a windows update,

critic-al 15:18 11 Nov 03

2nd/ if you can do a system restore to the time before this started to happen,and then do any updates you want 1 by 1 and reboot after each one,you will find the offender,If can remember correctly,i think it was "net framework version 1.1.check your add and remove and see if its there,this can be safely installed.

anniesboy68 16:10 11 Nov 03

thanks all removed net framework version 1.1, now all is ok.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…