Boot will not recognise USB keyboard, so can't install Windows 8 software from DVD

z140project 15:35 12 Mar 15

Hi, I've a full version Windows 8 64 bit on DVD I'm trying to install it on blank formatted 2Tb and 4Tb hard drives

If I try to boot my PC from DVD I notice the USB keyboard doesn't light up, keys do not work, I cannot send a command to boot from DVD so my PC hangs.

Everything works OK using another Windows 8 installed hard drive. Motherboard battery OK etc etc.

Any suggestions ?

bumpkin 16:00 12 Mar 15

PS2 keyboard if you have one or an adapter click here of course that you have a PS2 socket.

Assuming

bumpkin 16:02 12 Mar 15

PS2 keyboard if you have one or an adapter click here

Assuming of course that you have a PS2 socket.

Jollyjohn 16:13 12 Mar 15

Can you get into BIOS / Setup?

If so look for "Legacy USB" Enabled

If not then you will need a PS2 keyboard or at least a wired usb keyboard.

z140project 16:39 12 Mar 15

thanks bumpkin and Jollyjohn the suggestion of trying a PS2 keyboard makes sense. I'll have to borrow one. I'm already using a wired USB keyboard. I presume the Windows 8 DVD doesn't load USB drivers to run it ??

the problem regarding accessing the BIOS is my USB keyboard only works once Windows is up and running, so I can't use delete or F12 etc to access BIOS

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…