boot up and virus problem

Juba. 20:11 10 Jun 09

Hi I have two problems with my PC, possibly both are linked. Firstly my pc has some virus on it, it keep redirecting me to other sites. It will not let me update my virus checker or install any to clear it. I have spy bot, Avira, Ccleaner. Mailwarebytes, but it won’t let me open any of them. I have just downloaded Hijackthis and installed it but won’t let me use it.

Also my PC keeps crashing on bootup and restarting, this only started late last week about the same time of the virus. I am currently using my pc in safe mode. At times I can use my pc in normal mode and it is fine. I have tried booting up on Last known Good Configuration, but this is no good. I can not get into system resorts or msconfig.

Can any one advise of what I can do. I don’t fancy formatting my drive

cheers

johnnyrocker 20:15 10 Jun 09

what happens if you try an on line scan or run present antivirus in safe mode?

johnny

Juba. 20:22 10 Jun 09

I tried to do an online scan, it let me onto a site but then the pc just froze and would not do any thing. every time I tried it it did the same thing. My Virus checker does not pick it up. Not also when I am using my pc in safe mode I as still redirected to other sites.

I have not tried to update my Virus checker in safe mode, will give it a shot. Howere I an not open any other anti virus software.

Do you know of any good online scan sites. i did not do the online scan in safe more the last time and will give it another shot.

cheers

birdface 23:00 10 Jun 09

Try downloading this.it is a pay for program but you get a 30 day trial and it will remove anything that it finds.
Even if it does not clean your computer completely it should let you download and run other programs and it will let you update the security programs that you already have.

click here

phono 23:24 10 Jun 09

A good online virus and spyware scanner can be accessed at click here but if you are getting redirected it may not work.

Also look at the tools on this page click here especially Stinger.

rdave13 23:32 10 Jun 09

Can you get somebody to download Dr Web Cureit on to an usb drive and run it from the flash drive while in safe mode without internet connection.
click here

Juba. 23:37 10 Jun 09

cheers, Buteman and Phono, I think it has just done it, the virus has been picked up, my anti virus and other tools like spy bot, Avira, Ccleaner. Mailwarebytes see to start working now and I can use them, my web browsing is also fine, no more redirections.

the pc booted up fine and did not crash, then again it does that every now and then. I am at least happy one half is sorted. I'm sure the pc is fine as well. Will find out on my next boot up on thur, as I'm off to bed. I think I will sleep a bit better 2night.

Cheers

phono 00:05 11 Jun 09

"I think it has just done it"

As a matter of interest what was it that you did to resolve your problem?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…