Boot up time and Toolbar icons

carper 14:19 21 Jul 05

My computer has become very slow to boot up. I note that I have 20 small icons on the tool bar. Will this affect start up time? Thanks in advance Carper

mattyc_92 14:29 21 Jul 05

What do you mean by "tool bar"? Do you mean the "system tray" aka where the "clock" is?

If so, then yes it can slow your system down. I have 17 icons in the system tray, but they don't seem to slow my system down as they aren't resource hogs, well apart from NIS2005.

woodchip 14:37 21 Jul 05

Tool bar or System tray? there is a difference. System Tray on the right bottom corner of screen. to remove some, first check startup folder in programs on desktop, you should be able to remove them. Next go to Start\Run type MSCONFIG press enter go to startup Tab there you will see ticks in box's If you have any MS Office programs there these should be the first to remove the tick, like Fast Find etc. Leave AV and Firewall running, you will have to decide what you want to stop. But these can be put back if you find you need any. when you restart put a tick in box that comes up the close it

carper 10:11 22 Jul 05

Sorry about my mistake, of course it should be system tray. Thanks for your suggestions I'll try that. A further thought is that I run Ccleaner on each shut down. Am I cancelling anything in there which it needs for start up.
Regards Carper.

woodchip 10:26 22 Jul 05

no it just clears the rubbish

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Studio vs iMac 5K comparison review: Apple and Microsoft all-in-one PCs battle it out

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Social media image sizes, specs and aspect ratios: the ultimate guide

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…