Boot time diagnostics screen

highside 19:38 PM 11 Oct 09

Due to ongoing boot problems I enabled the Boot Time Diagnostics Screen in BIOS in the hope it might give some clues but it only appears for a microsecond -
Or is it another of those things that are no use to man nor beast?
Samsung laptop R60 plus & Vista Home premium.
Thanks for looking.

mfletch 19:47 PM 11 Oct 09

I would just stop some programs from starting at start-up and see if that helps

Start>run>msconfig>ok

Start-up tab

birdface 20:03 PM 11 Oct 09

Maybe try this free program from Malwarebytes.

click here

highside 20:26 PM 11 Oct 09

Thanks, didnt fully explain as have already posted my real problem probably shouldnt list it again.
No problem with the actual boot time but now getting desperate and I thought that screen might give some clues. Actual problem is due to the addition of (compatible) RAM which stops the boot to Vista unless f8 is pressed or I select 'Repair' windows. The thing then works perfectly, windows recognizes the RAM, it passes mem test and memtest86 runs day & night with zero errors.
AS I say just another thing I tried in a growing list. Looks like I will have to buy more RAM even though there is nothing wrong with what I have.
Have swopped the new RAM modules around etc and replacing the originals in situ clears the fault.

highside 14:05 PM 17 Oct 09

Resolved, ran a movie camera during boot and took a still of the boot sequence.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…