Boot sequence in ODD Order

Wulfrune 11:10 25 Sep 04

My CPU decided to go belly up the other night... dodgy ZALMAN fan... anyway I invested in a new MSI K8N Neo motherboard and a 160gig SATA HD. It nearly all went well, but problems have started to arise... the boot sequence has decided in it's infinite wisdom to put the HD as the 3rd primary master, completely missing out the 1st primary and 1st slave and the 2nd primary and 2nd slave. It also only want to recognise ONE of my CD drives (it doesn't mind which one). I've looked into the bios to see if I can make the appropriate changes myself but for the life of me I can't suss it out. Also, I was under the impression that SATA drive were really quick.... not so in this case, the boot up sequence is taking ages to boot. I've just re installed windows XP service 2, checked for spy ware and done all the usual stuff... HELP !!!!

Wulfrune 13:14 26 Sep 04

I DO need help with this one... anyone?

Stuartli 13:43 26 Sep 04

You'll need to change the boot sequence in the Bios to A, D, C etc or D, A, C etc as required and also select Automatically Detect for the hard drives.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…